The WCA Marketing Team is seeking new members!
What does the WCA Marketing Team Do?
The WMT is responsible for managing WCA relationships with external partners as well as working closely on the WCA Brand, including WCA merchandise, social media engagement and market research.
According to Motion 10.2021.7.1, The WCA Marketing Team is responsible for developing and managing the WCA Brand, seeking sponsorships, supporting the distribution of WCA Competition Gear, and marketing WCA Merchandise.
We are seeking members for three specific fields:
WCA Gear Team (US Residents only)
- The WCA Gear Team is responsible for managing the distribution of WCA Tournament equipment, available from Speedstacks. Your primary responsibility would be to place orders made by Delegates around the world to Speed Stacks, and ensure that they are delivered back to the delegates. In cases where international (non-US) delegates are placing orders, you will have to receive and forward them due to the limitation of Speed Stacks shipping within the US.
Market Research & Merchandising:
- The WCA and WMT are rapidly approaching the creation of a merchandising platform for WCA branded products. We are looking for members who have experience in either Designing Merchandise, or creating online Merchandise stores. This is a great opportunity for graphic designers to contribute to the WCA brand. You will work closely with other WCA Graphic Designers in the WCA Communications team to develop fresh designs.
Sponsorships & Contracts
- We are looking for members who have experience, or interest in exploring potential opportunities for sponsorships for the WCA (global and local scales). Candidates who have worked on getting sponsorships for competitions they have organized, or regional organizations they have been part of are strongly encouraged to apply and shape the future of the WCA.
Please note that your application can be tailored to one of these 3 fields, or you could instead express interest in one or more of the three (they are not exclusive).
The application is open to all WCA members. Potential applicants do not have to hold a current position to be considered.
Requirements for Applicants
- Interest and/or experience in Marketing the WCA Brand
- Approximate 5 - 10 Hours time commitment per week
- Creative mind, and the ability to work within a team
- Familiarity in dealing with merchandising/sponsorships/vendor management is a plus
Applicants should submit a PDF application including a brief personal introduction, their involvement with the WCA or WCA regional organizations, their motivation for applying to the WMT and the specific team(s) they would like to work in within the WMT.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com from now until June 26th, 2020, 23:59 UTC to be considered.