The WCA Competition Announcement Team (WCAT) is seeking new members!
Applicants must meet the following requirements for applying:
- Fluency in English.
- Have been involved in at least five competitions as an organizer or key staff member.
The official rights and duties of the WCAT are documented in WCA Motion 10.2021.2.
The daily tasks of a WCAT member include:
- Reviewing and announcing competition submissions with accuracy and correctness.
- Handling change requests to competitions.
- Debating and voting with the rest of the Team.
There will be an appointment of a new WCA Advisory Council Leader. The application is open to all WCA members. Potential applicants do not have to hold a current position to be considered.
Candidates are expected to fulfill their terms (24 months) and to spend at least 5 hours per week on average to work for the Council. The qualities expected of candidates are:
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge of the WCA structure
- A strong connection to the WCA Community
The application period for candidates to submit their candidacy documents is from now until June 14th, 2022, 23:59 UTC. Interested candidates can send the application privately to the WCA Board (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The WCA Regulations Committee (WRC) is looking for up to 5 new members. Interested community members of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The applications are open to everyone; it’s not a requirement to hold a current position in the WCA to be considered.
What does the WRC do?
- Update and improve the WCA Regulations. (See our public GitHub repository and the WCA Forum page.)
- Read competition reports and respond to incidents.
- Engage with the WCA community for feedback about the Regulations.
- Address any issues and inquiries related to the Regulations.
The official rights and duties of the WRC are documented in WCA Motion 10.2021.9.
The qualities and requirements expected of candidates are:
- Regularly check and respond to email (5-10 emails/day).
- Objectively apply the letter and spirit of the WCA Regulations.
- Compassionately and constructively discuss how to address incidents.
- Time commitment of 5-10 hours per week.
The WCA Executive Assistants Team is seeking new members!
The WCA Executive Assistants Team (WEAT) is a team that assists the WCA Board with administrative tasks. The rights and duties of the WEAT can be found here.
The following are the expected requirements for applicant:
- Commitment of approximately 2-4 hours per week
- Strong organizational skills
- Good communication skills
The candidacy documents must be in PDF format, and must include:
- Brief personal introduction.
- Summary of activities done for the WCA Community.
- Reasons you are fit for the role.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com from now until May 16th, 2022, 23:59 UTC to be considered.
We are happy to announce that we have a new Senior Delegate in Latin America. Marlon de V. Marques will become the new Senior Delegate in this region.
We wish Marlon best of luck in fulfilling his new duties.
There was one other candidate who applied for the position:
- Areli Rubi Gordillo Martínez
You can find their candidacy documents here.
Dear WCA Staff & Regional Organizations,
The Board of Directors would like to receive applications for WCA Continental Championships 2024 for the following regions:
- North America
- South America
Please discuss with the Delegates in your country whether this is something you are willing and able to pursue. Bear in mind that organizing a competition of this size takes a significant amount of time and effort before and during the competition. Please note that applications for continental championships must be endorsed by WCA Recognized Regional Organizations.
If you are interested, send your application documents privately to firstname.lastname@example.org before May 31st, 2022, 23:59UTC. Documents must be sent in PDF format in two versions: one full version with all the details for the application, and another version with sensitive details - if any - removed to make public.
The WCA Marketing Team (WMT) is seeking new members!
What does the WCA Marketing Team do?
The WMT is responsible for managing WCA relationships with external partners as well as working closely on the WCA Brand, including WCA merchandise, social media engagement and market research and promotion of large events.
Here are some of the key projects the WMT is working on -
- You may have seen the launch of the WCA Merchandise Store - the WMT is seeking members who can help develop and grow the merchandising, this is a great opportunity for someone who’s passionate about growing the WCA brand and reach through merchandising.
Sponsorships & Contracts
- WMT works with current WCA sponsors like Spin Master, and also works on exploring potential opportunities for the WCA (global and local scales). Candidates who have worked on getting sponsorships for competitions they have organized, or regional organizations they have been part of are strongly encouraged to apply and shape the future of the WCA.
- Closely related to the last point, WMT is looking for members who can help market the continental championships, as well as the world championships - specifically in promoting the WCA brand and growing our reach in order to gain as many competitors and spectators as possible, both in person and online.
The WCA Advisory Council (WAC) is seeking new members from both the community and staff to assist the council in its duties.
The application is open to all WCA members.
What is the WAC and what do they do?
The biggest task of the WAC is to be an intermediary between the community and the WCA Staff - to give the community a voice when important topics are being discussed, along with establishing consistent and bilateral communication lines between the community and the WCA Staff. The Community Representatives, along with Staff Representatives are a vital part of that process. More information about the main functions of the WAC can be found here: WCA Motion 20.2021.01.
The council has 2 sub-teams - Community Representatives and WCA Representatives. This announcement is for both Community and Staff representatives, which means that anyone in the community, including WCA Staff, is able to apply for this position. If you have never held a formal position in the WCA before, this an exciting opportunity to contribute towards making the WCA even better!
Current key projects of the council involve moderation and management of the WCA Forum and developing different channels to gather community feedback useful for the WCA.
Dear WCA Community,
Here at the end of 2021, we once again find ourselves reflecting on a challenging year for cubers everywhere. Despite the circumstances, there were many accomplishments within the WCA that are reason to celebrate and look forward to the year ahead.