The WCA Regulations Committee (WRC) is looking for up to 5 new members. Interested community members of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The applications are open to everyone; it’s not a requirement to hold a current position in the WCA to be considered.
What does the WRC do?
- Update and improve the WCA Regulations. (See our public GitHub repository and the WCA Forum page.)
- Read competition reports and respond to incidents.
- Engage with the WCA community for feedback about the Regulations.
- Address any issues and inquiries related to the Regulations.
The official rights and duties of the WRC are documented in WCA Motion 10.2021.9.
The qualities and requirements expected of candidates are:
- Regularly check and respond to email (5-10 emails/day).
- Objectively apply the letter and spirit of the WCA Regulations.
- Compassionately and constructively discuss how to address incidents.
- Time commitment of 5-10 hours per week.
The following are not required, but it would be useful for new WRC members to have additional experience with any of the following:
- Writing fluent, clear English while communicating across language differences.
- Cubing community discussions, online or offline.
- The history of the WCA Regulations.
- Using GitHub and/or writing code (especially Python, Java, Ruby on Rails).
- Project management, leadership, addressing organisational incentives, advocacy, and/or legal work.
The priority application period is open for candidates to submit their candidacy document from now until June 3th, 2022, 23:59 UTC privately to Iván Brigidano (email@example.com). Candidacy documents must be in PDF format, and must include:
- A brief personal introduction.
- A summary of experiences/accomplishments to demonstrate that you can meet the requirements.
- What motivates you to join the WRC?
- Do you have any topics/issues that you are passionate about helping the WRC improve?
- Optionally, any additional experience that is relevant to WRC work.
You can expect an immediate reply to confirm whether your application is complete, and may receive a request for an interview with the WRC Leader.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate in reaching out to Iván Brigidano (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Thank you for your interest in assisting the WRC and the WCA!