We are happy to announce that we have a new Team Leader, Saransh Grover. He will become the new Leader of the WCA Marketing Team (WMT) and was already working as a Member of the Team.
Saransh was selected by the WCA Board and approved in a vote among the current Committee Leaders and Senior Delegates, following Section 4 of our Motion about WCA Committees and Teams.
Dear Cubingchina members,
Due to technical problems, the registration system of Hangzhou Open AM/PM 2021 got malfunctioned, as the registration is open at 22:00 on March 10, 2021.
After internal discussions and application to the WCA Board, the following arrangement is set:
Increase the competitors limit of both competitions, so that all the players who paid the registration fee in the waiting list will enter the competitors list
Therefore, the updated competitors limits of Hangzhou Open AM and PM 2021 are 103 and 90, respectively.
Prepaid registrants in the waiting lists should pay attention to the competitors list updates of these two competitions. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Please also note that, the registration fee paid repeatedly will be refunded to the corresponding payment account soon.
Thank you again for your attention and support to these competitions!
The WCA Software Team is seeking new members! The WST plays a central role in the WCA by developing, scaling, and maintaining the software solutions that help the organization handle the continuous community growth.
Some examples of such software solutions are:
- The WCA website, that you are probably browsing on a regular basis.
- TNoodle, the scrambles library and its frontend, used by all Delegates during competitions.
- WCA Live, which is the main platform for score taking and getting live results during competitions.
All WST projects are open source and hosted on the organization's GitHub.
While anyone is encouraged to apply, we are also looking for some specific roles - and if you fit these requirements, please let us know in your application:
- Project Manager: Manage tasks and issues along with priorities on Github as well as managing any software needs from WCA teams/committees and keep them up to date.
- Client Side Developer: Work on the user-facing parts of the WCA Website including working on the ongoing project of porting parts of the site to React. Enhance user experience and satisfaction.
- Developer Operations: Work on deployment strategies (our platform runs on AWS) and address any issues/improvements to be made.
The Board of Directors would like to receive applications for WCA World Championship 2023 and WCA Oceania Championship 2022.
Please discuss with the Delegates in your country whether this is something you are willing and able to pursue. Bear in mind that organizing a competition of this size takes a significant amount of time and effort before and during the competition.
For the WCA World Championship, only a WCA recognized Regional Organization can apply. If you are interested, send your application documents privately to firstname.lastname@example.org before May 31, 2021, 23:59 UTC. Documents must be sent in PDF format in two versions: one full version with all the details for the application, and another version with sensitive details - if any - removed to make public.
We are happy to announce that Brasilia, Brazil will be hosting the upcoming WCA South American Championship in 2022.
You can view the application documents here.
Lastly, we would like to remind you that the WCA Oceania Championship 2022 will have an application period from March 1st to May 31st 2021 in line with the World Championship 2023 application period.